If you are an authority or very knowledgeable in you field, we would love you to contribute to our web site. In return your article will get exposure to the hundreds of thousands of visitors we receive yearly. Please follow these guidelines.
Contribute a “bylined” informative article to Spiritual.com.au
Bylined articles of 800-1,500 words or so of body text, written from an objective viewpoint and conveying valuable how-to content (practical advice, actionable tips, and useful know-how) in a fresh, approachable voice are more likely to meet Spiritual.com.au standards—and therefore more likely to be accepted for publication.
We will inform you if your article has been accepted for publication; expect to hear from us within a week or so of our having received your email. If we choose not to accept your article, you may or may not hear from us, depending on how crowded our inbox is.
Articles accepted for publication will be edited for clarity and brevity and to conform to the Spiritual.com.au style. We will likely change your title, too, so you might want to suggest some alternatives.
So, if you are interested in joining the hundreds of Spiritual.com.au contributors of how-to marketing articles—on a one-time or a regular basis—here are some guidelines:
- Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere.
- Articles should offer readers clear advice, takeaways, and / or practical how-to tips about a specific topic or approach to that topic. Bullet points are good. Meandering text is not—but keep in mind that 800-word minimum.
- At the beginning of your article, list two or three bullet points summarizing its key takeaways—the lessons learned and the how-tos contained in the article. They will be published along with the article.
- Include a brief bio of 25 words, including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter contact info, if available, and a recent headshot (Optional) (make sure your entire head is in the picture).
- Include relevant links in parentheses, next to the words to be linked (i.e., do not embed the links).
- Submit articles in the body of the email (no PDF files, please)
- If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies in which you have a vested interest, disclose as much to the audience.
- The author retains copyright, but Spiritual.com.au may reprint your piece, with full attribution, in Spiritual.com.au products, including marketing materials.
- We do not pay guest contributors for their occasional articles.