Wealth building requires focus. It’s not for you if you are frightened, undisciplined, ignorant, or lost. It requires emotional strength and persistence.
So many people only fantasize about making more money and call it a prayer – but in truth this is called a wish. All you have done is watch a dvd of “The Secret” and then wonder why the universe is not delivering your fortune to you.
As a consultant and mentor I see many people and I’ve listened to countless stories of how they’ve taken all of the steps to manifest more abundance into their lives and yet it just doesn’t seem to be working.
I’m looking in from the outside as a consultant so its obvious why your money hasn’t arrived.
You might be sabotaging your own wealth building success with the following;
Wealth Building Tips
- You know how to spend but not how to save, invest or create with your money – Spending on its own is no problem but that might indicate a deeper issue of not knowing how to invest or do something creatively with your money other than just spending which may show an imbalance when it come to financial matters.
- Wishful thinking – You make wishes without any to reality – you must start closer to your real life position and then plan to fulfil your wishes.
- You have opposing / conflicting goals. This means you will get stuck and go nowhere.
- No Action – You must take action on your plan. (You do have a plan, don’t you?) There’s a big difference between visualizing a nice fat paycheck and actually taking the steps to create it. Creating abundance is not about placing an order and then sitting on the couch. You need to act.
- No affirmations – be strong in what you affirm and affirm regularly – that means daily. Stating your affirmations is a small but incredibly powerful piece of the mental preparedness of wealth building.
- You have no need – In words a target that raises emotion. One millions dollars doesn’t have the same impact as a house on the beach even though they may have the same dollar value.
- The secret ingredient – This one is not well known and not many people know how to apply it. Gratitude. Nothing will work without the right attitude of gratitude.
Whats really interesting from my perspective is that so many people are doing things that they don’t really want to do. This causes you to subconsciously put up roadblocks and stalling techniques. You block your path but at the same time you can feel good about making an effort, but don’t actually have to do the really hard work that comes with most occupations / businesses and their success.
Beyond Wealth Building
One of the best things you can do for yourself is to come into alignment with what it is that you really do want. Put it down on paper – there is no such thing as a plan in your head! Wealth means many things to many people, find your real definition and make peace with it. Here are some questions to answer;
- What does wealth mean to you?
- Think about ..what are your desires?
- Do you have hobbies? What are they?
- What do you dislike?
- How much money do you really need?
- Extra money – how much extra do you want for “playtime”?
- What will you do with this wealth?
- How hard do you want to work to get this money?
- Have you thought about time? How much free time do you want?
- How long do you want to take to get from where you are now to where you want to be?
- What are you willing to give up in order to get there?
- What are you absolutely never going to give up to get there?
Find a balance between these answers and make your plan.
Many of you will have self-defeating habits that must be broken? This is a tough one for you to answer honestly. If you need help ask me or get it somewhere else. Change whatever you need to change about yourself. Heal whatever you need to heal. Grow, evolve, and inspire yourself in whatever way you can to reach your goal.
Don’t forget to enjoy the journey otherwise the goal will be hollow. Along the way, reward yourself with pieces of your dream. Give yourself a piece of the good life each step of the way. It’ll help fuel the fires and it’ll confirm that you are on the right road.
Authors Details: Aymen Fares