Weight Management Tips
Not so resolved on that “New Year’s Resolution” to be in shape this year? Not quite in the body that you wanted to spend this summer in? Are you sick of counting carb grams and worrying about all of the foods that you “can’t eat” ? If You are tired of losing the same weight over and over, and feeling like a failure because your last “diet” didn’t work, try these tips to not only lose weight, but lose it for good. I have watched hundreds of clients over the years and almost without exception, those that lose their weight once and for all have mastered these tips and made their weight loss Stress Free
Weight Mangement Tip 1
• Be Responsible for What You Eat -Studies show that people who are 20 or more pounds overweight underestimate their caloric intake by up to 1000 calories per day, while people of a normal weight under estimate by only several hundred, There are 2 main culprits for this. First, many people are unaccustomed to “true” serving sized of most foods. For a start, begin paying attention to the Serving size information on the foods that you eat. Also, it helps to use a measuring cup and food scale to acclimate yourself to what 1/2 c or 1 tbs. of something actually looks like. Second – Start paying attention to your unconscious eating habits — at the television or the computer, in the car, while you’re cooking or cleaning up — and focus on consciously enjoying the foods you eat, while being aware of the calories you consume.
Weight Mangement Tip 2
• Don’t Try To Change everything at once – Focus on making small. moderate changes in your lifestyle each week. Click here to learn more about lifestyle coaching & weight management programs. Each time you make a positive choice it will add up and bring you closer to your goals. If you eat just 100 less calories per day you can lose 10 pounds in a year!! 100 calories is equal to 1/2 cup less of pasta, 1 less tablespoon of butter, or 1/2 cup less of ice cream.
Weight Mangement Tip 3
• Just say “NO” to excuses – The difference between fit and unfit people is their habits. There are the same amount of hours and stress in each week for every one of us – those who fit exercise and healthy eating into their lifestyles don’t have more time or less stress, they just have healthier habits. The next time that you are unable to follow through on one of your weight management goals – Identify the challenge and prepare a plan for the next time. Don’t dwell on it or make excuses for why you can’t do it. Be prepared.
Weight Mangement Tip 4
• Close Your eyes and visualize – to keep you going even when you don’t feel like it or when the going gets rough. You know the drill, the schedule is hectic, the french fries or candy is calling your name and it’s just easier to slip back into your old unhealthy habits. Take a moment and visualize the slimmer, healthy more energetic person that you want to be. Remember the reason why you started your fitness or nutrition program in the first place!!
Create a clear mental picture and use it next time you feel like you are losing site of your fitness goals.
Weight Mangement Tip 5
• Don’t let weight loss dominate your life – Recognize and design a plan for your trigger times – those times that you eat from habit not hunger. Be it stress, anger boredom, or family events create a plan for those times that you have a challenge following your food plan. Also, planning in advance what you will eat for the day will allow you to fit snacks and treats into you day without having exceeding you daily caloric allotment. Having both a food plan and a “food trigger” plan will allow you to focus on other things throughout the day aside from food.
Authors Details: Weight Mangement Tips – Dianne Villano Web Site