1. Repeat rapidly Stage I, taking not more than five minutes in so doing. Lift your consciousness and relate the head and the heart. Repeat thoughtfully the mantram which eventually leads to the realization of unity.
2. With the focus of the consciousness then in the head, summon the Will to your aid and by an act of the will carry the energy focused in the head to the solar plexus. To facilitate this process, you can use the following formula:
a. I am the soul. And also love I am. Above all else I am both will and fixed design.
b. My will is now to lift the lower self into the light divine. This light I am.
c. Therefore, I must descend to where the lower self awaits my coming. That which desires to lift and that which cries aloud for lifting are now at-one. Such is my will.
Whilst saying these mantric words (taken from a very ancient disciples’ manual) vision pictorially the process of focusing – demanding – descending and at-one-ing.
3. Pause here and endeavor to feel and sense the initiatory vibration or embryonic interplay which is being established between the awakened and the awakening points within the solar plexus. This can be done, but it involves an act of slow concentration.
4. Then sound the OM twice from the head center, knowing yourself to be the soul which is breathing it forth. Believe this sound, carried on the breath of will and love, as capable of stimulating the solar plexus in the right way and able to transmute the lower energies so that they will be pure enough to be carried first of all to the awakening point and from that point eventually to the heart center.
5. As you vision the energies of the solar plexus being carried up the spine to the heart center (situated, as you know, between the shoulder blades) I would ask you to breathe out the 0M again into the solar plexus but this time, having done so, draw the focused energy up the spine towards the head. The vibration thus established will carry the energy to the heart, for it has to pass through that center in the spine on its way to the head. In the early stages that is as far as it may go, but later it will pass through the heart, leaving its due quota of energy, and finally reach the head center.
6. Then focus yourself in the heart, believing that a triangle of energy has been formed between the head, the heart and the solar plexus. Vision it then as composed of the energy of light, something resembling a triangle of neon light. The color of this neon light so-called will be dependent upon the ray of the soul.
7. Then again repeat the Mantram of Unification, beginning “The sons of men are one…”
8. Standing, therefore, in the center of the heart see the energy of your group brothers as the radiating spokes of a great wheel of light. This wheel has twenty-four spokes and at the center of the wheel, like the hub of the wheel, can be found your Master (D.K.). Then slowly with love, mention aloud the names of each of your group brothers, not omitting yourself.
9. Then see this wheel as actively moving and scintillating, and thus serving humanity through its focused radiation. This radiation is the radiation of love. All the above is purely symbolic but carried out as a visualization process for some months – consistently and consciously – it will create a state of mind and of awareness which will be enduring because “as a man thinketh, so is he.”
10. Then close with the new Invocation and also with the Gayatri, with its emphasis upon one’s duty.
OM OM OM
This meditation process is relatively simple if you familiarize yourself with its stages for a few weeks. Much of the above is explanatory in nature and can be dispensed with when you can follow the process automatically.
I will now proceed to give you each your personal, instructions and individual meditation. This meditation should be done at some time of the day which is not the time chosen for the group meditation. I do not want the two meditations done together at the same time, for I do not want your personality problems and your possible glamors to be interjected into the group consciousness. Beware of doing this because the task of each of you is hard enough without being complicated by the personal problems of some distressed brother in the group. In giving you your personal instructions, I shall speak with complete frankness and shall not spare you either praise or blame. If you resent what I may say, then it will simply indicate the power of your personality to react unfavorably to the truth and will consequently point out to you an area of blindness and of weakness in your consciousness. You will be thereby the gainer and will be able to grasp somewhat more clearly the nature of the battle which you have to fight.