Servitor Construction: A Personal Approach
The following represents a sketch of my personal approach to servitor thought form construction. I talk about elemental and planetary energies, these are part of my personal belief system and you are under no obligation to accept them yourselves. The basics of servitor thought form creation remain the same – that is the shaping and naming of the servitor, the building up of it’s energy form, and its awakening and directing the servitor to its target.
Step By Step Servitor Thought Form Construction
- First decide upon the general purpose for which you are forming a servitor. For example this may be “To assist me in all matters concerning the acquiring of wealth for myself and others.” You should treat this as a statement of intent and tighten it up as you would normally do.
- Decide upon a name and physical appearance for your servitor. This should be symbolic of your intent.
- Make a model to serve as a material base for your servitor. Some magicians use ready made models such as lead miniatures for this. I prefer to sculpt mine out of clay, as this allows me to include herbs and minerals symbolic of the servitor’s purpose in the model. With these I also include a small quantity of blood or semen, as these substances have the ability to form a strong magickal connection and are also able to accumulate magickal power. You can if you wish make a ritual of the sculpting process. This has the advantage of providing a battery of appropriate energy to then work with in your creation ritual.
The Creation Ritual
- The creation ritual itself. Lay out the place where you are working as you would normally. Place the material base in the centre of the circle. I often place it upon either a diagram symbolic of its general purpose drawn in powder, or upon my pentacle.
- Banish with your usual banishing ritual.
- Name the servitor using some kind of naming ritual. For example, sprinkle the material base with salt water saying “By the powers of Earth and Water, I name you…” Then cleanse the base with incense saying “By the powers of Fire and Air, I name you…”
- Move to the quarter of the circle that you attribute to the element of Earth, connect with that element, and direct the elemental energy into the legs of your model.
- Do the same for Water directing the energy into the model’s abdomen and groin
- Do the same for Fire directing the energy into the model’s chest and arms
- Do the same for Air directing the energy into the model’s head
- Now make a connection with the planetary energy appropriate to the servitor’s purpose. For example, Jupiter for wealth, Venus for love etc. Direct this energy into the material base, seeing the servitor’s astral body forming out of the energy around the model.
- Fill your body with general life energy, and concentrate this energy in a glowing ball in your right hand (use your dominant hand). Take the servitor in your left hand, see it as a small sleeping creature. Breathe upon it saying “Come Alive, .” Pouring some of the energy from your right hand into it. See it starting to stir. Repeat this a symbolically appropriate number of times until you have used all the energy from your hand. Each time your call to the servitor must be more fervent, and you should see and feel the servitor becoming more awake. With the final cry it’s eyes spring open and you can feel its tiny heartbeat in your hand.
- Now with the full force of your will, you must aloud specify to the servitor its function, the duration of time for which it shall exist and the method by which it may be destroyed. For example say ” you shall assist me in all matters concerning the acquisition of wealth for myself and others. You shall obey such spoken commands that I give you when I call you by name. The term of your existence shall be for four years from this day. Your existence shall cease upon the shattering of this your material base, at which point you shall be reabsorbed into me, your absolute, this being the fulfilment of your nature.”
- Command the servitor now to rest within it’s material base, and wrap the model in a silk cloth of an appropriate colour.
- Perform a final banishing.
- Unwrap the servitor when you wish to use its services, and command it by name. Then leave it unwrapped. When it has completed it’s duties, command it to rest again within the model, and wrap it up again.
- Do not forget to reabsorb the servitor when its time limit has expired.
Author’s notes for the servitor thought form construction…
1: Most of the method that I use is based on Method 2 of elementary construction, from Franz Bardon’s book “Initiation into Hermetics”.
2: For Earth go to the North, draw the invoking pentagram of Earth and project the energy into the model using the sign of the enterer, while vibrating an appropriate word of power. I would use the West for Water, the South for Fire, and the East for Air.
3: The attribution of the chest to Fire and the head to Air is the system I use. There is an equally popular alternative tradition that gives the chest to Air and the head to Fire.