Here are some of my favourite inspirational quotes. It’s a great list that you can draw on when times are tough and motivation is lacking. From just a few simple words you can receive a lot of wisdom. The trick is to find one that resonates with you – understand it and then action it.
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t – you are right.
The inspirational quotes on this page are often famous and well worn. Take the time to really understand the quote and even the person who’s famous for it, because often their own circumstances – the driver for the quote will mirror yours. When you spend some time on inspirational material you will find that you feel better and it’s often a comforting blanket against the cold hard light of life.
- There are risks and costs to a programme of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction.
John F. Kennedy
- Communication is to a relationship what breathing is to living.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
- Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
- Fear is the foundation of all human limitations.
Benny the Jet
- Because we cling to the past we become unavailable to the present.
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
- Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King
- The only place where success comes before work is a dictionary.
- Fear is not of the present, but only of past and future – which does not exist.
A Course in Miracles
- In the pursuit of learning, every day something is acquired. In the pursuit of Tao, every day something is dropped.
- My dad always used to say, “If you’re falling off a cliff, you may as well try to fly. You have nothing to lose.”
Captain John Sheridan, Babylon 5
- It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
- The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.
- I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking.
- When you are afraid of something you are acknowledging it’s power to hurt you.
A Course in Miracles
- The Force both obeys and commands.
Yoda, Star Wars
- What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
Dr Robert Schuller
- You who are strong and swift, see that you do not limp before the lame, deeming it kindness.
- Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.