Feng Shui Tips For Health
You will love these Feng Shui tips for health. East is the direction to focus on when improvement in health is desired. Wood is the element.
1) The most important first step to realizing the benefits of Feng Shui is to perform a Space Clearing procedure. Every environment has accumulated negative energy, or “sha chi”, that needs to be eliminated. This procedure will make all other cures more effective.
2) The most basic rule regarding health is to make sure that your home is healthy. Keeping it clean, organized and beautiful is the best way to attract positive, healthy ‘chi’ into your space. The energy in your home needs to be free-flowing and smooth like a river.
3) Keep your home/workplace in good, functioning condition. Do not allow anything to linger in a state of disrepair. Replace anything that is old, broken or faded. Repair peeling paint, cracked walls and ceilings and leaky faucets. Be sure that all windows are in good working condition.
4) The Wu Lu gourd is a powerful symbol of good health, longevity, and harmony in life. Placed on a bedside table or in clear view in the eastern sector of the work area, it will serve as a subconscious reminder that perfect health is your chosen condition. A brass Wu Lu makes a striking and functional paperweight.
5) Keeping a green or earth element candle burning in the east as often as possible is an excellent way to energize healing energy. Candles also create an atmosphere of serenity and help to sooth and calm the emotions.
6) Eliminate all things in your home or workplace that you no longer use. Pass things along to friends or donate them to charity.
7) Work towards eliminating all clutter from your life. Begin to look honestly at why you tend to accumulate so much un-needed stuff.
8) In the study of Feng Shui, toilets are a huge concern. Always keep toilets and bathrooms exceptionally clean. Keep the lid on the toilet closed at all times when not in use, and keep the bathroom door closed at all times.
9) The bedroom is an especially important room when it comes to health, since this is where we regenerate and heal during sleep. Keep the bedroom clean and uncluttered, with a simple decor. Do not bring work into the bedroom. Laptops, phones and exercise equipment are not welcome here.
10) Electronic devices such as TVs, clock radios, answering machines, and electric blankets emit electromagnetic fields that can harm your health. If you must keep any of these in the bedroom, be sure they are at least six feet away from your body, or twelve feet, in the case of a TV. Always cover the TV with a cloth when it is not in use, especially while you sleep.
11) Never place your bed on a wall that has a toilet on the other side. This is considered a health hazard in Feng Shui.
12) In the bedroom, avoid sleeping under sloping ceilings and bookcases or shelves. All of these are oppressive and can aggravate problems such as headaches, restlessness and insomnia. If this type of architecture is unavoidable, a windchime with a horizontal bamboo mounting can help to redirect this oppressive force.
13) Do not sleep directly under a beam. If this is unavoidable, hang a pair of bamboo flutes or a bamboo windchime with hollow tubes from the beam.
14) Beware of poison arrows that point at you while you sleep. Hang faceted crystals in front of protruding corners to disperse negative ‘chi’.
15) Do not place a fountain in the bedroom. Fountains are too yang and are considered to be a deterrent to good health in this area. The same rule holds true for potted plants. If you really enjoy a plant in the bedroom, choose one that is relatively small and has gentle, round shaped leaves.
16) Energize the wood sector (east) of your home with lush green accents, such as pillows, rugs, or window treatment. If the east sector is the living room, dining room or any room other than a bedroom, this is a great location for a beautiful potted plant. (Live plants are considered too yang for the bedroom ). In an eastern bedroom, use solid wood furniture as well as green accent colors.
Authors Details: Unknown